Thursday, July 2, 2015

I had a really good week. I don't even know where to start. This week was Malagasy Independence Day! Malagasies love their independence, so it was pretty much a week of partying. It was very fun. On Friday we had a lot of parties with members, investigators, and recent converts. At night we had a party with our Bishop and Ward Mission Leader (who is married to the Bishop's daughter). It was like the 4th in the US - BBQ, fireworks, and a whole bunch of people showed up and just started dancing. As missionaries we just kind of stood there awkwardly - ha ha. But, you know, that's okay! They fed us so much food. We had something like five meals on Friday. The fireworks would be illegal in the US. I'm pretty sure they were selling real fireworks, like the ones the fire department shoots off. Obviously we couldn't get them as missionaries. I guess I'll just have to wait until I come back. I love the members here. They're so funny, and they were so generous with us. They treated us like family. It was a really special opportunity. 

Sadly we had to go home early from the festivities because things are still a little dangerous here with the political situation. The President was impeached (found that out this week), but he's refusing to leave. I guess I don't really know what's going to happen. He will probably just have to leave at some point, right? He's refusing to honor the decision of the Supreme Court. Coming from an organized country I didn't really know that was an option. The price of everything is sky rocketing, and people are not very happy with him. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

President Adams is going home. Today we had a little party for him. Tomorrow is our last meeting as an office and then he's gone! President Foote should already be on the plane coming here. It is very strange to see the turnover. I'm very excited and a little nervous. I don't have to do anything to help, it's just weird to see all the change. I'm really going to miss President Adams. I respect him so much. He has taught me so much, especially since I've been able to see him work in the office. 

That's about all for now. Brother Volney sent me an email. which I always appreciate so much. It's always very interesting and good to hear from him. I'll talk to you all next week. Have a great time, and I love you all very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment