Tuesday, January 27, 2015




I'm going to keep this short because I don't have a whole bunch to report this week. First off, the thing I've been talking about for weeks is about to happen. Next p-day I'll know my new area! Stay tuned for that. This week has been pretty chill. We almost got hit by a cyclone here, but thankfully it went off in another direction. There have been really bad rain storms in Tana the last two weeks that have caused massive flooding. You don't know this, but Tana is a city built on mud hills. That means that when it rains things collapse and wash down into the middle of the city. In other words, the flooding has been pretty bad. Here we've had a lot of rain, but everything is sand so it filters through pretty quickly. It just rains and rains and rains, pretty much non stop.

This week I saw another lemur. He was a little funny lookin' thing with huge eyes. Super cute though. I've said this before, but lemurs are just as awesome as you'd expect them to be.

This week is going to be a little difficult because I expect to be saying goodbye to my home for the last 6 months. Okay, I don't officially know I'm leaving, but it seem that it's definitely, very, likely. In political terms it's a 100 percent maybe, just so that I don't get caught off guard next week.

Thank you for all of your letters. I love hearing from all of you. Talk to you next week.

Elder Ahlstrom

Pumping water for laundry



At the market - yes, those are flies


Alex's companion 

No comments:

Post a Comment