Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

Let me start with the news that you're probably all waiting for. I'm going to Betongolo (many onions in Malagasy). I will be serving as Office Elder. I'll be working in the office for a little bit each day and then I'll be working just up the hill from the office. Very exciting! I'm nervous because it's a new area. But it is super fun that I will finally get to work in Antananarivo. (note from mom: Betongolo is not clearly marked on all maps. It appears to be just north of Tana. I wonder if it is the equivalent of a suburb?)

Mom, you need to stop posting about Mada's political unrest. You are scaring all the other moms, and the other Elders said their moms were worried! Also, say hi to everyone, especially Brother Volney. I haven't responded to his emails because of my limited time, but I really appreciate hearing from him and everyone. They're so nice and their prayers are so important.

I'm busy packing and getting all the last things ready so that I can leave tomorrow. Also, I'm really upset with you (mom) and dad for not teaching me how to drive a stick, and now I have to learn. The Office Elders drive in Tana, which makes San Fran hills look cute and Los Angeles traffic look like child's play. So I need extra prayers that I don't die learning how to drive again! (note from mom: in our defense, we truly tried to teach Alex to drive a manual transmission!)

Lots of love to all!

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment