Monday, August 10, 2015

July 27, 2015

Well, another week. I apologize for not emailing last week. Let me quickly explain why. We had a really special opportunity to go to a place called Andasibe. So at 2:55am, we had to get up and pick up some Elders coming in for transfers. After that Elder Stokes, Elder Rice, and I went to Andasibe. We got permission from President Foote due to the special circumstances that we had been working really hard in the office and it was Elder Stokes' last P-day before returning home. So, to explain Andasibe... it's outside of Tana on the road to Toamasina. It was actually really cool to be able to drive back along that road again (especially because it wasn't in a taxi be). You go down that road and then drive like an hour into the jungle. You know how people usually envision Madagascar, well that view closely reflects what we got to see. We got to walk through the rain forest and see tons of lemurs. We brought bananas and the lemurs would just come to us from all over the place. They would jump on us to take the bananas. Part of Andasibe is a national park. The other part is like a wildlife preserve. I really enjoyed it.

After Andasibe I came back and got my new companion. Actually, fun fact, companions. Yes, I'm in a trio now! Elder Liao is from Minnesota and Elder Anderson is from Logan, UT. We're doing really well and getting along. It's hard to get a new companion because you have to learn one another's quirks. And now I've got two. But we're doing well and working hard.

President Foote is very different from President Adams. I love to see the differences between them because they're both such awesome men. President Foote likes to talk and explain things a lot. President Adams was much more reserved. This week President Foote took me with him to listen in on a meeting between him and the Stake President. He just teaches all the time. His wife is super nice. Again, very different from Sister Adams. I'm so thankful I got to see both of them in the office and had the opportunity to get to know them.

Two more things I'd like to mention quickly. First, Brother Morin is awesome. He often sends me emails, and I really appreciate them. He asks me not to write back so that I can focus on family, but I couldn't help but give him a shout out. I really appreciate his spiritual thoughts and insight, and I hope he is doing well. Lastly, Elder Stokes went home on Wednesday. I definitely miss him. I have had some really great companions. It was weird to see a picture of him in America without his tag. That's about all that is happening here. Please say 'hi' to everyone.

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment