Monday, November 16, 2015

November 9, 2015

Hello. We have been working very hard and I'm thankful for all of the unusual opportunities that I've had on my mission. We are working with some very nice families. Also the weather has been fabulous! During the summer in Fianarantsoa it's typically either raining and flooding or it's warm and sunny.

In response to your question, mom, I haven't received any of the packages you sent for the holidays. I would love some new insoles. It worked best when I put the gel and cloth ones together. I know that sounds extravagant, but I like having comfortable shoes. If you wanted to send more insoles, I wouldn't object - ha ha. Nothing will ruin you day more effectively than bad shoes. Thankfully, mine have held up well. Regrettably, Madagascar has finally gotten to them. They don't keep the water out 100% anymore. I was so sad, but I guess that's okay.

Last preparation day we went on a hike. It was fun. There is a giant statue of Mary at the place she visited here in Fianar. I don't think it's an officially recognized Mary visitation site, but don't tell anyone here that. It's funny that the diocese here accepts it fully, but it isn't accepted more widely. Anyway, it was fun to go up there and see it. I had already been, but this time I took my new companions. I got to explain Mary visitations too. It's always fun when I get to use my four years of theology.

Love to all,
Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment