Wednesday, March 9, 2016

February 15, 2016

How are you? I hope everyone is happy and healthy as always. I’m glad to be able to write to you all. It is another hot and humid day here in Ft. Dauphin, and the internet connection is terrible! Work is going well here. It was fun to see the pictures and everything from Emma’s birthday. Did she register to vote? I remember that’s how I celebrated my 18th birthday, and then I got the voter I.D. card right after, which was pretty fun. I still have it, and although I don’t think it’s expired, I doubt it still works. I don’t even know what state I’m a legal resident of anymore. How does that even work, I have no clue. It’s also fun to see all the construction you’re doing on the house. One of the other Elders here mentioned how his mom moved a rug from one room to the other and how he felt like it wasn’t his house anymore. I thought it was funny how we get so used to things and even small changes are crazy. It also made me laugh to think that when I come home everything will be different, not just the rug. It’s going to be weird being in a new house, it will feel like it’s someone else’s - haha. The important thing, however, is that family will be there.

You mentioned Vino in your letter. He is doing well, but he’s been very, very busy. I actually shared with him a talk that you quoted to me, faith by choice, not by chance. I felt that it would help. This week was transfers. I am staying here and my companion is staying the same. The cybers haven’t been working today so I don’t even know if this email is going to get to you. I love you all very much. This is short because of all the silliness with the cybers today. I hope you are happy, have a great day.

So the internet wasn’t working so we put it on a flash drive and brought it to another cyber.

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment