Monday, April 25, 2016

March 21, 2016


Well, a couple of exciting things happened this week. I received two new companions this week. Not real companions but the people who will be replacing me and my current companion here in Ft Dauphin. We received news this week that two other Elders will be coming down. After that Elder Bassett will leave on Wednesday to have a minor medical procedure. I will stay here until next Thursday and then I'll head to my new area. I do not officially know where I will be going, so everything is still kind of up in the air. I just know I'll be leaving. It feels like the time I have been here in Ft. Dauphin was really short. I"m glad for the new experiences and opportunities, but also sad to be leaving already. It's been hard to start letting people know that you've worked with for so long that you won't be coming back. It's okay though, the new Elders are obviously wonderful and everything is in good hands. I'll still miss it down here though. Life is very good and I'm doing very well. Currently I'm incredibly tired because we went deep into the jungle today to attend a wedding for two families preparing to be baptized. It was very exciting and wonderful to see how ready and excited they were. They gave the missionaries a chicken for the occasion, which was a little strange. Obviously it's not the sort of thing that you can turn down - ha ha! Those were the two really big things that happened this week. I'll write you from here next preparation day and then after that I'll be gone to my new area! Weird, weird, weird. I'll let you know next week where exactly my real last area will be.
This week has mostly been spent getting the new Elders used to the area, showing them where everyone lives, etc. Other than that not a whole lot is new, although that's pretty big "news". I'm really tired, so I'm going to keep this a little shorter than usual. I love you all very much. Please have a wonderful day and week.
Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment