Monday, April 25, 2016

March 28, 2016

So, I'll start out with the exciting news from this week. I received my transfer. I'm going to be serving in Ambohimanarana in Tana with Elder Yeagley. I'm very excited. I had actually gone on splits in this area back when I was in Betongolo, so it will be really neat to see it again. Plus I'll be able to see all those people that I knew when I lived in Tana. I work in the area where the American Embassy is located. And I'm right next to the airport in Northern Tana, so that should help you find it on a map if you want. It is not in the city at all, which is nice. It is mostly rice patties with hills coming out of the marshes. The hills have little towns on them which are connected by raised roads running over the rice patties. It's very beautiful and I"m very excited to get there. I take an airplane later today. I only found out like two days ago where i was officially going. Although I had known I was leaving for a little over a week. It's sad to leave Ft. Dauphin. I really don't like leaving everyone. I had the opportunity to give a talk in Church yesterday. It was very sad. However, I know that the Elders who will be working here are great, so that helps. Elder Coleman, who you know, was in my group. He will be working here in Tanambao after I Ieave.  So, that's what's going on here.

Other than that, this week has been crazy trying to help the new Elders figure out the area. I don't remember if i said this in my last email, but they took me and my companion out and sent the new Elders down early. I have been trying to teach them the area before I leave. I can't believe how well they're remembering everything. They're great. Yesterday was Easter, but for us it was a very calm day. Nothing really happened. We didn't really do anything. I guess that's most holidays in Madagascar. Today is lundi de paque so everything is closed. Therefore, I'm going to keep this short because there are more Elders than computers at the one cyber open in Ft. Dauphin. They need the opportunity to write their families too. I'll let you know more about my new area, etc. next week.

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment