Thursday, October 15, 2015

Hello,

This week I'll start by answering some of your questions. When and how are you going to hear General Conference?I actually already listened to the whole thing. I downloaded it onto my flash drive and we have mini DVD players at the house to watch church stuff on. I watched it. It was really good. I felt like the three biggest things were keep the commandments, the Holy Ghost, and practically applying the gospel in life to receive the greatest joy and benefit. I really liked all the talks, but I think my favorite was probably by Eyring. I think he has my favorite thoughts every conference. He's awesome. How are you feeling? Last week you mentioned that you are really tired. Did you get some rest? I'm always really tired because I've been working 16 hour days. We just have a lot to do working with the branch, but I did get some rest and I'm feeling less tired now. Now that you are in your third area, and a veteran in the field, what are some of the ways you've changed and grown? Hmmm, well I don't really feel any more prepared now than I did when I was being trained. I probably feel less qualified. But that doesn't really matter, it's just a matter of trusting that you are doing what is required of you, and fulfilling it to the amount that the Lord grants you success. Mostly you just have to learn to be really trusting. I do like being able to help others and explain things to them. I've also been very blessed to serve in different callings which have taught me so much about the church, myself, and others. I've had the blessing of working with tons of amazing elders - especially serving as a trainer to Elder Razafindretsetra, working in the office, working on fixing MLS, serving as a district leader and zone leader, and working in the branch presidency is constantly humbling. I've learned that absolute humility is necessary. I'm still working on it, but you have to be willing to take the opportunities that the Lord gives to you and apply them in your life. That is where the greatest blessings come for me. I've learned that you can never be too worthy, too consecrated, too humble, too patient. The list goes on, and we'll never achieve any of these qualities in this life, but it is the responsibility of a lifetime of service that teaches you how to apply these things in your life. It's hard, but it's a blessing. I enjoy it. I wish I was better at it, but one step at a time - ha ha.

On other notes, we had transfers this week. I'm staying here and getting two new companions. Elder Obioma and Elder Snell. We will be the three elders serving in the two branches down here. I believe that two of us will continue to serve in the branch presidency. We are all working really hard to shore up the foundations of these two branches, so that's definitely exciting. I hope everyone is well.

Elder Ahlstrom

1 comment:

  1. Hello, great kid, one of your statements reminded me of a the same sentiment expressed rwo thousand years ago by an ancient rabbi: "It is not incumbent upon you to complete the work, but neither are you at liberty to desist from it" (Avot 2:21) attributed to Rabbi Tarfon. You're wise beyond your years.

    ReplyDelete