Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello. I'm well other than the fact that I'm trying to use a stupid French keyboard because the cyber we usually go to with the English keyboards isn't open. Accordingly, I'm going to keep this a little short because it takes forever to type anything! ha ha. It's good to hear that everyone is doing well. I'm very happy in this area. Our branch is doing well. Yesterday a member of the mission presidency came down from Tana. We also had financial training this week and learned how to give out welfare, which was kind of a strange conversation to participate in.

As far as actual missionary work is concerned, we are trying to combine three programs into one. I don't want to spend too much time talking about the administration of missionary work today. I don't find it to be very spiritually uplifting - ha ha. I have been listening a lot to the general conference talks from this last conference. Possibly my favorite talk was given by President Monson at the Priesthood session. It was on keeping the commandments. I really appreciated that topic. Recently I've been thinking a lot about the basics of the gospel. We make our discipleship far too complicated sometimes. When it comes down to it, the gospel is very simple. We will only find happiness by keeping the commandments. No matter how much we justify or tell ourselves that something doesn't apply to us, it cannot negate reality. Asking questions is not wrong, but excusing our own indiscretions by blaming it on lack of evidence robs us of needed blessings. Follow priesthood leaders, keep  the commandments, and things will work out. Do it even if it is inconvenient because in this the most joy will be found.

So, before I throw this keyboard through the window, I love you all. Have a great week.

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment