Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I'm doing well. We had transfers yesterday. I'm staying in Antananarivo, but that wasn't a surprise. I'm really enjoying my area. We are teaching some great families. One family in particular is a veterinarian and wife. He went to school in the Czech Republic and speaks Czech fluently. That's not something you run into very often in Madagascar. The current office couple is getting ready to go home in a week. A bunch of new missionaries are coming on Tuesday and Wednesday, and people are leaving Thursday. It's just crazy. Lots of people going lots of places.

We also had zone conference this week. We talked a lot about how to get the most out of a mission. Also, it was President Adams' last zone conference so he gave us life advice. It was really good. We talked about all sorts of things. He essentially gave us all an exit interview. We talked about how we have to focus all of our energy on our mission to get the most out of it. It's hard to do that sometimes, but it really has taught me a lot. It's easy to be obedient and to do the work, but it's hard to live the law of consecration. I'm still working on it, but it's a matter of conversion. I think it's a good opportunity to learn how to school your thoughts. It's much harder than just allowing yourself to be folded and molded into what you need to become through your mission. The great blessing of a mission is that you're "qualified" for things you weren't before. You learn a special kind of truth on a mission - fanomejan-pasoahavana (a gift of grace). I've learned a lot and I'm so grateful for the gift of knowledge that I've received.

As far as everything else, it's pretty calm. Nothing crazy with the politics. The impeachment decision regarding the president will probably come out this week. Keep you posted.

Lots of love,
Elder Ahlstrom

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your President has good wisdom. Glad you are learning and enjoy your mission. I'm a bit jealous that you are able to give all your time and energy to learn and teach about our Savior.

    ReplyDelete