Sunday, June 7, 2015

May 18, 2015

Well, another week has gone by. This has been a wonderful week. Let me start with my birthday. I had a really good time. My companion was actually really nice and bought me dinner. We went with the AP's and then we went home and they threw flour on me (a Madagascar tradition). I got some pretty funny pictures of it. I also received one of my birthday packages from you guys. Thanks for all of the birthday stuff. Missions are definitely not quite the normal birthday, but I really enjoyed it.

I saw you had a few questions in your email. Since not a lot has happened since I spoke to you on Mother's Day, I'll just answer your questions.

Is Madagascar what you expected? Ha ha. Well, no mission is "what you expected", nor is it really what they prepare you for in the MTC. The most important thing is being okay with change. I certainly didn't expect to serve in the office the way that I have these last few months. Yet, I enjoy it. I think it is important to remember what you're doing because one thing that is universal about all missions, you are called to serve.

Is a mission in general what you expected? I think a lot of people see missions more like they are portrayed popularly, but in reality you just have to stay focused and work. Even when you don't want to work or you're tired. I would say it is better than I expected.

I have to run.

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment