Sunday, June 7, 2015

June 1, 2015

I am very thankful that you are all safe after the floods in Houston. It was very strange seeing those pictures of home because many of them seem more like what I see here. Please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Do what you can to help and support others. Most of all I'm glad that you are safe, that the house is fine, and that you didn't experience any flooding or equivalent issues. I love the picture of dad walking through the water. It feels very close to my heart - ha ha. It's not so bad, right? It's just a mindset thing.

To change the subject and talk about something a little bit lighter, I ate three things this week that I think you'll find pretty amusing. Okay ready, this week I ate chicken gizzard, crocodile, and snake.

Chicken gizzard. Yeah, not that good. It's okay. It kind of tastes like cartilage. I think it's pretty much impossible to cook. But if you ever get a chance to try it, I recommend it.

Crocodile. This was really good! It actually tastes a lot like a big fish, except it's meatier. It is a very strange consistency. I only had a little bit, but it was really good. Another recommendation.

Snake. Also not bad. My biggest complaint was that it had too many bones! Mostly it's just cool to say you've tried it. It's best with something spicy because it doesn't have a whole lot of flavor.

Living in Madagascar is so COOL!

Love,
Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment