Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Wow, another week. Let me start with the chickens from last week's pictures. First, they were alive (well most of them). It was market day, so they were being delivered to be butchered and sold. I guess that sounds a little gruesome, but we were just walking down the road when all of the sudden we saw all of these chickens in the back of a truck. I had to stop and take a picture. It was hilarious! The chickens were really upset about all of it. There were a few ducks in there too. That's how they transport animals though. Just tie them down to the car and go. Whatever works, you know. And if there's not enough room in the truck then put 'em on the roof!

As far as packages go, they only go get the packages once and a while. Even if my two birthday packages came two days apart, if you hit it just right it can be weeks before they  get here. They have to clear customs too. I don't know the next time they'll go get them, but I'll let you know when they arrive. (Note from mom: I mailed both of Alex's birthday packages at the same time. One arrived within four weeks. The other hasn't arrived yet and it has been nine weeks. I sent a package of toiletries five weeks ago. It hasn't arrived either.) Also, please wish dad (and everyone) a Happy Father's Day and birthday. I have a card coming. It should get there someday... hopefully!

So this is the week in review. As you know, President Foote comes in less than two weeks. Right now we're preparing for that. This week has been the most we've worked in the office and not our normal proselyting area. We are helping get everything ready for the new mission president. We are also setting things up for the Wolleys (new office couple) and answering lots and lots of questions. Recently I've been trying to study French again. (Note from mom: the birthday package that is still in transit contains a French verb and grammar book.) I don't usually have a lot of time. When I do have time I usually try to study Malagasy, but French seems so easy after studying Malagasy. On a few occasions we've run into people who don't speak Malagasy and I've been able to talk with them, which is pretty exciting. I can't wait to study more French when I get back! Hmmm, other things... we made Mexican food yesterday, which was pretty fun. Anyways, that's all for now. Talk to you next week.

Elder Ahlstrom

1 comment: