Monday, January 4, 2016

December 7, 2015

I hope you're doing well. Sorry for the short email last week, but as I said, President Foote was in town so things were a little crazy. Some of the highlights from this week, well it was actually a little bit crazy. First off, Elder Snell was unexpectedly transferred, which was sad. Also part of our roof collapsed in a really bad wind storm. It was a little alarming. I wasn't the tin roof, but more the drop ceiling inside the house. This week has really been wild and I'm looking forward to a little bit of a slower week this week where we can kind of refocus. Things are going well here in Fianarantsoa. We're expecting to have some baptisms coming up. The people getting ready are very excited and I'm very excited for them. I think they're really ready. We're also getting excited for Christmas and the New Year. The Rakotoarisoas (the couple missionaries here) invited us to celebrate New Years with them. From the pictures you sent it looks like you all are getting really excited too! Our work with the leaders here is going well. When we were sent down here the church was really struggling to survive here in Fianarantsoa. That's kind of a scary prospect, but a big part of our coming down here was to make the church strong and self sustaining. It's been a lot of work, but the members are amazing and little by little they're getting ready to take on the responsibilities of being leaders in the church. It's a slow process, but it's very rewarding to see them take initiative and to see the church make an abrupt about face. I did see the church's Christmas video. It was really amazing. I'm doing well and I hope you are all doing well too. Have a great week. 
Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment