Monday, January 4, 2016

November 30, 2015

Well, another week has passed by. Time is flying at an epoch rate. It's amazing to me. I can't believe that tomorrow will already be December. I hope everyone is well and that you all know how much I care about you. Of  course keeping a singleness to the work is absolutely necessary, but at this time of year my thoughts can't help but be stolen away to home. Although I can honestly say that I've devoted everything during my mission, as much as I could, I feel so indebted. Ultimately the blessings I have received have always far outweighed any "sacrifice" I may have thought myself to have made. I remember at this time Christ's pure love, and it pushes me to focus on people and to minister the way he did by going into the homes of people and bringing light into their lives, one by one. There is no greater Christmas joy than helping the Savior as he progresses his work, the work of helping individual souls, children of God, come unto Christ.

This week has been great. We actually had a surprise visit from President and Sister Foote. It was very unexpected. They just called us and told us they were coming down. They're awesome and I love working with them. We played basketball with with President, which is always fun. This week it has been rainy. Nothing too exciting to report. For Thanksgiving we made chili. I have received some Christmas packages. Thanks. 

I hope you all have a great Christmas season. 

Elder Ahlstrom

No comments:

Post a Comment